MY SECRET INGREDIENTS TO LONG LASTING LOVE AND RELATIONSHIP

October 04, 2017

Our Life and Love Story

Love life or Intimate relationship wasn't my priority to me since I am the breadwinner of our family. I support the studies of my 3 siblings and the medication of my sickly father ever since my mom passed away last 2014 due to illness. Everyday of my life I am too focused on how much money I can earn to provide for my family's need.

Way back 2014 I met a man that never in my wildest dream would be my future partner. He was then an employee of the University where I am taking my degree, we bump with each other through my friend. We sought advises and help from him for our thesis but he didn't help us which made me think he is an inclement type of person. (Anyway, we finished our thesis without his help)

One day, I tried contacting him through Facebook messenger just to have some queries on matters I have to deal and I believed he was the most capable person to give me a solid answer and to verify if he really an inclement type. Days passed, our once in a while chit chat became often. We even exchanged cellphone numbers and had some small talks too via text messages then eventually we decided to see each other at restaurants and fast food chains. 

Since then I had a crush on him and little thing I didn't know we have mutual feelings, woah! We began dating and during those stage he unveiled a situation that he believes will hinder our relationship. He is suffering from an illness which I cannot disclose due to confidentiality. At first, I was skeptical and don't know if I have the courage to push through with our blooming relationship. Her mom even reached me out to talk about the issues if I am willing to take some risks. 

As an empowered, loving and strong woman who believed that I can make a change and deliverance to other's life I took the risks and continued the love we have for each other. I supported him all through out the duration of his therapy and medication, it took years. We even got scammed by online psychologist therapy outside the Philippines in search for solutions which can make him well. With faith in our hearts, we keep on beseeching God to send the Holy Spirit to manifest in our life especially in his situation. At last, he was able to succeed over his sickness and we praise and thank God for that. 

Since then we know that we have been blessing to each other; and not a day passes in which we are not so grateful to God. Intimate relationship is one of the most essential part of living. Nurturing, fulfilling, fruitful, and strong relationship will give us overwhelming happiness and contentment. These aspects inspire us to be victorious and grant us heartfelt sensation of physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.We we're inseparable since the moment we knew and confirmed we are the God's will for each other but even our foremost euphoric relationship has not been this strongest without its challenges. 



We fight for small things, unpleasant understanding, drama's, jealousy, family related and most of the fights that couple would go through. There were times that I wanted to run away or even break the relationship because its was hard for a little while. But one of us would lower the "pride inside" since we knew neither of us had ill intentions and that we really care and love each other so much. As a couple, we will start talking wholeheartedly about our concerns. We dealt with it to make our relationship lasting. 

New relationship are as sweet as honey but as the saying goes "Lasting relationship don't just happen. They take TIME, PATIENCE and two people WILLING to face any obstacles thrown their way". With that, I've came up with the SECRET INGREDIENTS of our relationship. 

Image may contain: 2 people
Photo taken during our Church Sunday Service
at Light of the World Christian Center
1. Put God First 
    Relationship is stronger when you put God first and each other second. When we put God first in our relationship, all other things fall into their proper place just like how I fall for him. Participating in a local church will develop each other's spiritual well-being and social life. Going to church holding each others hand, heart and future will give you the security of conquering your future victoriously whatever situation or circumstances you are going to go through.  Pray together. 

2. Embrace Imperfection 
  A lasting romance is built on flaws. There are so many ways to list the possible flaws. He’s petite. She’s too tall. Too fat. Too skinny. Too tactless. Has unfortunate life. Does not have enough education. Over educated.We aren't perfect. Actually, no one. Allow each other to express without fear of rejection. Embrace all the flaws and help each other to make it their strong point in life. 

3. Celebrate each other
    Celebrating is not just during special occasions. Celebrating means happiness. It means that supporting each other's passion, dreams and aspiration. Everyday find reasons to celebrate each other, small or big event, and absolutely the dull love life will RADICALLY TRANSFORM into something BEAUTIFUL. And keep in mind that celebration should NEVER EVER EVERRRR STOP! 

4. Effective Communication
    Value the meaning of talking and listening. When your partner is communicating with you be sure that you will open your ears to listen and heart to absorb, with no interference. Always remember the Mathew 13:34 "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks".

Photo taken at Taboc, San Juan, La Union during my family's annual gathering
5. Love each other's family
    Respecting each other's family is so sacred because before you met each other they are the people who loved you the most and gave you the best. Visit them not only during special occasions and events but when you assess you are needing to see them to refresh you. 

6. What you wear is a reflection of your personality 
     Well, considering that we are in Millennial era now anyone we meet notices what we are wearing. So be cautious of what you bought for your partner. The Outfit Of The Day (OOTD) reflects the personality. May it be classy, elegant, funky etc. BUT the SMELL of your clothes will definitely DEFINE you and your partner and surely, this will be your "benchmark" to them. Remember first impression usually lasts. Image may contain: 2 people


Overall, by using all these SECRET INGREDIENTS you can make your relationship long-lasting with the magical effect of always fresh feels. Nothing has ever been conquered victoriously without sacrifices, work, effort, passion and compassionate heart. Make every moment fun and exciting.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews